At the Circulating Library Author Information: Mary H. Folkard
Author: Mary H. Folkard (1854–1918)
Alternate Name(s): Mary H. Tennyson (pseudonym)
Biography: Mary Howard Folkard was born in 1854 in Kensington, the daughter of surgeon Henry Folkard. Her mother died when she was six years old. Her brother Henry Tennyson Folkard became a librarian, her sisters Julia and Elizabeth became painters, and she became an actress. In the 1890s, she turned to fiction with the novel Love will Find out the Way (1889) under the pseudonym "Mary H. Tennyson." She went on to publish several more novels in addition to contributions to periodicals such as The Family Herald and Temple Bar. She never married and died in 1918.
References: British Census (1881, 1901, 1911); Wellesley
- Love will Find Out the Way. 1 vol. London: William Stevens, 1889.
- Friend Perditus: A Novel. 2 vol. London: Chapman and Hall, 1891.
- Paid in Full. 1 vol. London: William Stevens, 1892.
- The Fool of Fate. 1 vol. London: Ward, Lock, 1893.
- A Cruel Dilemma. 3 vol. London: Frederick Warne, 1894.
- Within her Grasp. 1 vol. London: Frederick Warne, 1896.
- A Sinless Sinner: A Novel. 1 vol. London: John Macqueen, 1897.