At the Circulating Library Author Information: Albert Kevill Davies
Author: Albert Kevill Davies (1855–1949)
Biography: Albert Sydney Goodriche Kevill Davies was born in 1855 in Leominster, Herefordshire, the son of the Rev. William Trevelyan Kevill Davies and Ellen Martha Richards. His early life cannot be traced. By the 1880s, he lived in London and worked as a journalist. In addition, he wrote several novels beginning with An American Widow (1890). Several of his novels have American settings or characters, so he may have lived in the states for a time. In 1904, he married Lucy Florence Watson. Davies died in 1949 in Surrey.
References: British Census (1901, 1911); Burke
- An American Widow. 3 vol. London: Trischler, 1890.
- Marriage up to Date. 3 vol. London: F. V. White, 1891.
- Miss Blanchard of Chicago. 3 vol. London: F. V. White, 1892.
- Dollars are Trumps: A Story. 1 vol. London: Griffith and Farran, 1893.
- Pharisees. 1 vol. London: Ward, Lock, 1897.
- The Girl Priest: A Novel. 1 vol. London: Hutchinson, 1899.