Author: Emma Frances Brooke
Author: Emma Frances Brooke (1844–1926)
Alternate Name(s): E. Fairfax Byrrne (pseudonym)
Biography: Novelist. See the entry by Tilley which largely supersedes the earlier entries in the DNB and Sutherland.
References: DNB; Sutherland; Barbara Tilley, "Emma Frances Brooke," Palgrave Encyclopedia of Victorian Women's Writing (2022)
- A Fair Country Maid. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1883.
- God's Gifts to Two: or, Margaret Redfern's Discipline. 1 vol. London: R. T. S., 1883.
- Entangled. 3 vol. London: Hurst and Blackett, 1885.
- Reaping the Whirlwind: A Story of Three Lives. 1 vol. London: R. T. S., 1885.
- The Heir Without a Heritage: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1887.
- A Superfluous Woman: A Novel. 3 vol. London: William Heinemann, 1894.
- Transition: A Novel. 1 vol. London: William Heinemann, 1895.
- Life the Accuser: A Novel. 3 vol. London: William Heinemann, 1896.
- The Confession of Stephen Whapshare. 1 vol. London: Hutchinson, 1898.
- The Engrafted Rose: A Novel. 1 vol. London: Hutchinson, 1899.
How to Cite