At the Circulating Library Author Information: Sir William Magnay
Author: Sir William Magnay (1855–1917)
Alternate Name(s): 2nd Baronet (title)
Biography: Sir William Magnay was born on 30 November 1855 in London, the son of Sir William Magnay, 1st Baronet of Postford House, one-time Lord Mayor of London and member of the Worshipful Company of Stationers and Newspaper Makers. In 1871, he succeeded to the baronetcy. In 1879, he married Margaret Susannah Soulsby and the couple had several children. He turned to fiction in the 1890s and wrote novels into the next century. He died on 8 January 1917 in London.
References: British Census (1861, 1871, 1881, 1891, 1901, 1911); Burke; Kemp
- The Fall of a Star: A Novel. 1 vol. London: Macmillan, 1897.
- The Pride of Life. 1 vol. London: Smith, Elder, 1899.
- The Heiress of the Season. 1 vol. London: Smith, Elder, 1899.
- The Man-Trap. 1 vol. London: Smith, Elder, 1900.
- The Red Chancellor: A Romance. 1 vol. London: Ward, Lock, 1901.