Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: Arrowsmith's Christmas Annual
History: Arrowsmith put out this Christmas annual from 1881 to 1901. Titles were then included as entries in Arrowsmith's Bristol Library.
References: Chester W. Topp, Victorian Yellowbacks and Paperbacks, 1849–1905, volume 8 (Hermitage Antiquarian Bookshop, 2005)
Novels and short stories serialized in Arrowsmith's Christmas Annual:
- Frederick John Fargus. "The Daughter of the Stars." Bound Together. 1881.
- May Crommelin. Brown-Eyes. 1882.
- Frederick John Fargus. Called Back. 1883.
- Frederick John Fargus. Dark Days. 1884.
- Frederick John Fargus. Slings and Arrows. 1885.
- Wilkie Collins. The Guilty River. 1886.
- Walter Besant. Katharine Regina. 1887.
- Walter Besant. The Inner House. 1888.
- Walter Besant. The Doubts of Dives. 1889.
- Walter Besant. The Demoniac. 1890.
- Benjamin Leopold Farjeon. The Shield of Love. 1891.
- Arthur Conan Doyle. The Great Shadow. 1892.
- Sir Gilbert Parker. The Trespasser. 1893.
- Anthony Hope. The Indiscretion of the Duchess. 1894.
- Walter Raymond. In the Smoke of War. 1895.
- H. Rider Haggard. The Wizard. 1896.
- William Tighe Hopkins. Pepita of the Pagoda. 1897.
- Edward Frederic Benson. The Money Market. 1898.
- A. E. W. Mason. The Watchers. 1899.
- Allen Upward. The Wrongdoer. 1900.