Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: York Herald
History: Published weekly on Saturdays, price 2d.
References: British Newspaper Archive; Nineteenth-Century British Library Newspapers
Novels and short stories serialized in York Herald:
- Anthony Trollope. Ayala's Angel. 8 January 1881-11 March 1882 (weekly).
- James Grant. Dulcie Carlyon. 25 October 1884-9 May 1885 (weekly).
- Benjamin Leopold Farjeon. A Young Girl's Life. 5 September 1885-13 February 1886 (weekly).
- Frederick John Fargus. Living or Dead. 3 January-29 May 1886 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. Like and Unlike. 26 March-24 September 1887 (weekly).
- Walter Besant. Herr Paulus. 10 September 1887-3 March 1888 (weekly).
- Eliza Lynn Linton. Through the Long Night. 14 July-29 December 1888 (weekly).
- Wilkie Collins. The Legacy of Cain. 18 February-7 July 1888 (weekly).
- Benjamin Leopold Farjeon. Devlin the Barber. 1 September-24 November 1888 (weekly).
- Dora Russell. Jezebel's Friends. 5 January-15 June 1889 (weekly).
- Jessie Fothergill. A March in the Ranks. 22 June-14 December 1889 (weekly).
- H. F. Wood. The Englishman of the Rue Caïn. 5 January-18 May 1889 (weekly).
- George Alfred Henty. A Hidden Foe. 5 July-15 November 1890 (weekly).
- Thomas Hardy. "The Melancholy Hussar." Life's Little Ironies. 22 November-29 November 1890 (weekly).
- Florence Warden. Pretty Miss Smith. 3 January-7 March 1891 (weekly).
- Arthur Williams Marchmont. Miser Hoadley's Secret. 14 March-13 June 1891 (weekly).
- Silas Kitto Hocking. "John Silent." Doctor Dick and Other Tales. 20-27 June 1891 (weekly).
- Margaret Oliphant. The Sorceress. 2 July-24 December 1892 (weekly).
- David Christie Murray. Bob Martin's Little Girl. 16 January-25 June 1892 (weekly).
- Hawley Smart. Vanity's Daughter. 24 December 1892-21 January 1893 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. All Along the River. 21 January-3 June 1893 (weekly).
- Eliza Margaret von Booth. The Ending of My Day. 10 June-18 November 1893 (weekly).
- Sir Thomas Wemyss Reid. Mauleverer's Millions. 25 November 1893-27 January 1894 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. Thou Art the Man. 23 June-24 November 1894 (weekly).
- Dora Russell. A Country Sweetheart. 3 February-14 July 1894 (weekly).
- Florence Warden. A Sensational Case. 17 November 1894-9 March 1895 (weekly).
- Margaret Wolfe Hungerford. The Professor's Experiment. 9 March-31 August 1895 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. London Pride. 5 October 1895-[?] 1896 (weekly).
- Henrietta Eliza Vaughan Stannard. The Strange Story of my Life. 16 May-29 August 1896 (weekly).
- Walter Besant. The Fourth Generation. 7 October 1899-6 January 1900 (weekly).
- George Alfred Henty. The Lost Heir. 13 May-30 September 1899 (weekly).