Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The Newbery House Magazine
History: Published monthly, price 1s (later dropped to 6d). Illustrated. The full title is The Newbery House Magazine: A Monthly Review for Churchmen and Churchwomen. Published by Griffith Farran (1889–94) and Innes (1894). Continued by The Minster.
References: British Library
Novels and short stories serialized in The Newbery House Magazine:
- David Christie Murray. The Bishop's Bible. July 1889-June 1890 (monthly).
- Helen Rose Anne Milman. Boy. July-October 1889 (monthly).
- Mary Louisa Molesworth. Sweet Content. November 1889-June 1890 (monthly).
- Esmé Stuart. Virginie's Husband. July 1890-June 1891 (monthly).
- Helen F. Hetherington. No Compromise. July 1891-June 1892 (monthly).
- Isabella Banks. The Slowly Grinding Mills. July 1892-June 1893 (monthly).
- Wilhelmina Martha James. A Real Repentance. July-December 1893 (monthly).
- Thomas Greer. A Modern Daedalus. January-June 1894 (monthly).
- Thomas Hardy. "The Melancholy Hussar." Life's Little Ironies. April 1894.
- Caroline C. Holroyd. Seething Days. July-December 1894 (monthly).