Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The World
History: Full title is The World: A Journal for Men and Women. Published weekly on Wednesday, price 6d. Edited by Edmund Yates.
References: British Library; DNCJ; Law (Besant); Vann (Collins)
Novels and short stories serialized in The World:
- Edmund Hodgson Yates. Two By Tricks. 8 July-11 November 1874 (weekly).
- Eliza Lynn Linton. "The Best to Win." With a Silken Thread, and Other Stories. 18 August-1 September 1875 (weekly).
- Walter Besant. "The Case of Mr. Lucraft." The Case of Mr. Lucraft, and Other Tales. 27 October-10 November 1875 (weekly).
- Katharine S. Macquoid. "Lost Rose." Lost Rose, and Other Stories. 22 September-29 September 1875 (weekly).
- Wilkie Collins. "Miss Jeromette and the Clergyman." Little Novels. 4-18 August 1875 (weekly).
- Walter Besant. The Golden Butterfly. 5 January-18 October 1876 (weekly).
- Bertha Henry Buxton. Won!. 3 January-26 September 1877 (weekly).
- Walter Besant. The Monks of Thelema. 2 January-2 October 1878 (weekly).
- Wilkie Collins. The Fallen Leaves. 1 January-23 July 1879 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. The Story of Barbara. 30 July 1879-17 March 1880 (weekly).
- Walter Besant. "The Ten Year's Tenant." The Ten Years' Tenant, and Other Stories. 22 December 1880.
- Emily Feake Bridges. "At the Cafe Chantant." Although He was a Lord, and other tales. 21 December 1881.
- Florence Warden. A Prince of Darkness. 7 January-2 September 1885 (weekly).
- Emma Sarah Williamson. Vashti and Esther. 9 August-25 October 1893 (weekly).