Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The Citizen
History: Published daily in Gloucester, price 1/2d.
References: British Newspaper Archive
Novels and short stories serialized in The Citizen:
- Henry Herman. The Great Beckleswaithe Mystery, and How it Was Solved. 18 June-16 July 1894 (daily).
- Dora Russell. The Last Signal. 14 July-28 August 1894 (daily).
- George Manville Fenn. The White Virgin. 29 August-5 October 1894 (daily).
- Maggie Swan. Through Love to Repentance. 6 October-7 November 1894 (daily).
- William Clark Russell. The Good Ship "Mohock". 8 November-6 December 1894 (daily).
- Margaret Wolfe Hungerford. The Red-House Mystery. 7 December 1894-15 January 1895 (daily).
- Justin McCarthy. The Red Diamonds. 2 March-4 May 1895 (daily).
- Arthur Williams Marchmont. Sir Jaffray's Wife. 6 May-18 June 1895 (daily).
- Lillian Spender. A Waking. 7 April-28 July 1896 (daily).
- Lillian Spender. Thirteen Stories. 18-25 August 1896 (daily).
- Edward Harold Spender. At the Sign of the Guillotine. 5-30 September 1899 (daily).
- Jean Middlemass. Blanche Coningham's Surrender. 2 October-6 November 1899 (daily).
- John Edward Bloundelle Burton. The Seafarers. 13 January-6 February 1900 (daily).
- Esmé Stuart. In the Dark. 17 April-16 May 1900 (daily).
- Morley Roberts. A Son of Empire. 17 May-26 June 1900 (daily).
- Annie Thomas. The Siren's Web. 16 October-10 November 1900 (daily).
- Capt. Mayne Reid. The Finger of Fate. 12 November-31 December 1900 (daily).
- Jean Middlemass. In Storm and Strife. 16 October-20 November 1901 (daily).