Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The Exeter and Plymouth Gazette
History: Published weekly on Fridays, price 2d. Later, the name changed to The Devon and Exeter Daily Gazette (daily; price 1d) then The Daily Gazette (price 1d).
References: British Newspaper Archive (incomplete run)
Novels and short stories serialized in The Exeter and Plymouth Gazette:
- Sabine Baring-Gould. The Pennycomequicks. 4 January-[?] 1889 (weekly).
- Jean Middlemass. A Girl in a Thousand. 3 November 1891-[?] 1892 (weekly).
- Hawley Smart. At Fault. [?] 1893-16 January 1894 (weekly).
- Thomas Banks Maclachlan. William Blacklock, Journalist. 1 May-6 November 1894 (weekly).
- William Clark Russell. The Good Ship "Mohock". 17 August-2 November 1894 (weekly).
- Henrietta Eliza Vaughan Stannard. A Born Soldier. 25 January-26 July 1895 (weekly).
- Jean Middlemass. Hush Money. 6 August 1895-7 January 1896 (weekly).
- Sabine Baring-Gould. Bladys of the Stewponey. 8 January-23 April 1897 (weekly).
- Ernest Glanville. The Kloof Bride. 7 May-8 October 1897 (weekly).
- George Manville Fenn. A Woman Worth Winning. 2 September-[?] 1898 (weekly).
- George Alfred Henty. Colonel Thorndyke's Secret. 15 October 1897-[?] 1898 (weekly).
- Allen Upward. The Yellow Hand. [?]-24 May 1898 (weekly).
- Walter Wood. Through Battle to Promotion. [?]-5 August 1898 (weekly).