Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: Northern Daily Mail
History: Published daily, price 1/2d. Formerly titled the Northern Evening Mail and later titled the Hartlepool Mail. Originally carried fiction daily, then shifted to weekly on Saturdays.
References: British Newspaper Archive
Novels and short stories serialized in Northern Daily Mail:
- J. Sheridan Le Fanu. Willing to Die. 7 April-30 June 1881 (daily).
- Joseph Hatton. The Three Recruits, and the Girls They Left Behind. 30 January-7 April 1882 (daily).
- Elizabeth Owens Blackburne. Shadows in the Sunlight. 20 May-25 July 1882 (daily).
- William Blanchard Jerrold. Black Eyed Susan's Boys. 7-28 August 1882 (daily).
- Dora Russell. Quite True. 29 August-21 November 1882 (daily).
- Florence Marryat. Fighting the Air. 21 November 1882-3 March 1883 (daily).
- Henry Baden Pritchard. The Doctor's Daughter. 10 September-11 December 1883 (daily).
- Anna Maria Hall. The Whiteboy. 15 November 1886-25 March 1887 (daily).
- Adeline Sergeant. Sir Anthony. [?] 1891-[?] 1892 (weekly).
- Frank R. Stockton. The Great Show in Kobol-land. 7-28 November 1891 (weekly).
- William Bury Westall. Birch Dene. 17 December 1892-10 June 1893 (weekly).
- Elizabeth Burgoyne Corbett. When the Sea gives up its Dead. 17 June-[?] 1893 (weekly).
- David Christie Murray. A Rising Star. 7 April-18 August 1894 (weekly).
- Joseph Hatton. The Banishment of Jessop Blythe. 13 October 1894-16 February 1895 (weekly).
- Mary Elizabeth Braddon. Sons of Fire. 15 June-16 November 1895 (weekly).
- Elizabeth Thomasina Meade. Dr. Rumsey's Patient. 28 March-20 June 1896 (weekly).
- Adeline Sergeant. The Lady Charlotte. 16 January-3 April 1897 (weekly).
- William Edward Tirebuck. Meg of the Scarlet Foot. 10 April-3 July 1897 (weekly).
- Adeline Sergeant. A Valuable Life. 10 July-20 November 1897 (weekly).
- Blanche Eaton Back. The Mystery of the Moat House. 22 January-12 March 1898 (weekly).
- William Clark Russell. The Romance of a Midshipman. 30 April-[?] 1898 (weekly).