Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The Burnley Gazette
History: Published on Wednesdays and Saturdays, price 1d. Generally carried fiction on Saturdays.
References: British Newspaper Archive
Novels and short stories serialized in The Burnley Gazette:
- Dora Russell. The Secret of the River. 16 August-15 November 1890 (weekly).
- Silas Kitto Hocking. "John Silent." Doctor Dick and Other Tales. 29 November-6 December 1890 (weekly).
- Robert Williams Buchanan. Woman and the Man. 10 January-11 April 1891 (weekly).
- Annie S. Swan. A Vexed Inheritance. 18 July-19 September 1891 (weekly).
- Henrietta Eliza Vaughan Stannard. Beautiful Jim, of the Blankshire Regiment. 2 September-30 December 1891 (weekly).
- William Clark Russell. Alone on a Wide, Wide Sea. 3 October 1891-[?] 1892 (weekly).
- Helen Mathers. The Sin of Hagar. 4 January-28 March 1896 (weekly).
- Margaret Wolfe Hungerford. The Coming of Chloe. 10 October 1896-30 January 1897 (weekly).
- Fergus Hume. The Clock Struck One. 6 February-8 May 1897 (weekly).
- Clara Lemore. Penhala. 21 January-27 May 1899 (weekly).
- Jean Middlemass. The Yellow Badge. 3 June-26 August 1899 (weekly).
- Florence Marryat. The Folly of Alison. 9 September-9 December 1899 (weekly).
- Joseph Hocking. The Purple Robe. 20 January-5 May 1900 (weekly).
- Silas Kitto Hocking. The Fate of Endilloe. 3 June-1 September 1900 (weekly).
- Allen Upward. The Ordeal by Fire. 8 September-1 December 1900 (weekly).