Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: The Penny Illustrated Paper
History: Published weekly on Saturdays, price 1d.
References: Nineteenth-Century British Library Newspapers
Novels and short stories serialized in The Penny Illustrated Paper:
- William Blanchard Jerrold. Two Lives. 2 November 1861-7 June 1862 (weekly).
- John Saunders. Guy Waterman. 5 July 1862-14 February 1863 (weekly).
- William J. Stewart. Picked Up at Sea. 3 January-1 August 1863 (weekly).
- John Saunders. One Against the World. 18 July 1863-23 July 1864 (weekly).
- James Greenwood. Humphrey Dyot. 22 December 1866-27 July 1867 (weekly).
- Capt. Mayne Reid. The Death Shot. 23 December 1871-1 June 1872 (weekly).
- Wilkie Collins. Blind Love. 12 October 1889-5 April 1890 (weekly).
- Walter Besant. Armorel of Lyonesse. 12 April-4 October 1890 (weekly).
- Edwin Lester Linden Arnold. The Wonderful Adventures of Phra the Phoenician. 11 October 1890-4 April 1891 (weekly).
- William Clark Russell. My Danish Sweetheart. 11 April-3 October 1891 (weekly).
- Hall Caine. The Scapegoat. 10 October 1891-9 January 1892 (weekly).