Periodical Information At the Circulating Library
Periodical: Cassell's Saturday Journal
History: Full titles is Cassell's Saturday Journal: For the Homes of the People (original) and Cassell's Saturday Journal: A Magazine of Useful and Entertaining Literature (later). Published weekly on Saturdays, price 1d.
References: British Library
Novels and short stories serialized in Cassell's Saturday Journal:
- George Manville Fenn. Double Cunning. 9 August 1884-21 March 1885 (weekly).
- Mary Kennard. Straight as a Die. 19 July 1884-24 January 1885 (weekly).
- Arthur Conan Doyle. "John Barrington Cowles." The Captain of the Polestar and Other Tales. 12-19 April 1884.
- Frederick William Robinson. The Courting of Mary Smith. 7 March-26 September 1885 (weekly).
- Major Arthur Griffiths. The Thin Red Line. 4 July-12 December 1885 (weekly).
- William Bury Westall. Two Pinches of Snuff. 19 December 1885-15 May 1886 (weekly).
- Joseph Hatton. The Old House at Sandwich. 3 April-11 September 1886 (weekly).
- George Manville Fenn. The Man with a Shadow. 1 October 1887-24 March 1888 (weekly).
- Frank Barrett. The Admirable Lady Biddy Fane. 31 March-22 September 1888 (weekly).
- Florence Warden. St. Cuthbert's Tower. 29 September 1888-23 March 1889 (weekly).
- Frank Barrett. Fettered for Life. 30 March-21 September 1889 (weekly).
- Frank Barrett. Between Life and Death. 29 March-20 September 1890 (weekly).
- Richard Dowling. A Baffling Quest. 27 September 1890-14 March 1891 (weekly).
- Frank Barrett. The Sin of Olga Zassoulich. 21 March-19 September 1891 (weekly).
- Joseph Fitzgerald Molloy. An Excellent Knave. 26 September 1891-19 March 1892 (weekly).
- Frank Barrett. Out of the Jaws of Death. 26 March-17 September 1892 (weekly).
- George Manville Fenn. Witness to the Deed. 21 September 1892-15 March 1893 (weekly).
- Elizabeth Thomasina Meade. In an Iron Grip. 17 January-16 May 1894 (weekly).