At the Circulating Library Serialization Information: 1847
Titles that began serialization in the year 1847:
- William Harrison Ainsworth. James the Second: or, The Revolution of 1688. An Historical Romance. Ainsworth's Magazine January-December 1847 (monthly).
- Charles Hooton. Woodhouselee: or, The Astrologer. Ainsworth's Magazine January-December 1847 (monthly).
- Richard Hengist Horne. The Dreamer and the Worker: A Story of the Present Time. Douglas Jerrold's Shilling Magazine January-December 1847 (monthly).
- G. P. R. James. Margaret Graham: A Tale Founded on Fact. New Monthly Magazine January-August 1847 (monthly).
- William Blanchard Jerrold. The Disgrace to the Family: A Story of Social Distinctions. Part Issue 6 parts, June 1847-November 1847 (monthly).
- Frederick Marryat. The Children of the New Forest. Part Issue 1 part, April 1847 (monthly; unfinished).
- Augustus Mayhew. The Greatest Plague of Life: or, The Adventures of a Lady in Search of a Good Servant. Part Issue 6 parts, February-July 1847 (monthly).
- George William MacArth Reynolds. The Youthful Imposter: A Novel. Part Issue 22 parts, 1847 (weekly).
- Menella Bute Smedley. The Maiden Aunt. Sharpe's London Magazine [?]-February 1848 (weekly?).
- William Makepeace Thackeray. Vanity Fair: A Novel without a Hero. Part Issue 20 parts, January 1847-July 1848 (monthly).
- Emma Jane Worboise. Autobiography of Maude Bolingbroke. The Englishwoman's Magazine January-September 1847 and January-May 1848 (monthly).