At the Circulating Library Serialization Information: 1851
Titles that began serialization in the year 1851:
- William Harrison Ainsworth. Mervyn Clitheroe. Part Issue 12 parts, December 1851-March 1852, December 1857-June 1858 (monthly).
- Robert Bell. Hearts and Altars. Fraser's Magazine January-June 1851 (monthly).
- Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell. Cranford. Household Words December 1851-May 1853 (weekly; discontinuous).
- Frank Smedley. Lewis Arundel: or, The Railway of Life. Part Issue 21 parts, February 1851-November 1852 (monthly).
- John Frederick Smith. Amy Lawrence, the Freemason's Daughter: A Novel. The London Journal 25 January-4 October 1851 (weekly).
- George John Whyte-Melville. Digby Grand: An Autobiography. Fraser's Magazine November 1851-December 1852 (monthly).