At the Circulating Library Serialization Information: 1853
Titles that began serialization in the year 1853:
- William Harrison Ainsworth. The Star-Chamber: An Historical Romance. The Home Companion 16 April-31 December 1853 (weekly).
- William Harrison Ainsworth. The Flitch of Bacon: or, The Custom of Dunmow. New Monthly Magazine January 1853-May 1854 (monthly; discontinuous).
- Shirley Brooks. Aspen Court: A Story of our own Time. Bentley's Miscellany January 1853-November 1855 (monthly).
- Sir Edward Bruce Hamley. Lady Lee's Widowhood. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine January-October 1853 (monthly).
- Hannah Maria Jones. The Curate's Daughters: or, The Twin Roses of Arundale. A Domestic Story. Part Issue 31 parts, 1853 (weekly).
- John Lang. The Wetherbys, Father and Son: or, Sundry Chapters of Indian Experience. Fraser's Magazine February-June 1853 (monthly).
- John Lang. The Forger's Wife. Fraser's Magazine 1853 (monthly).
- George William MacArth Reynolds. Joseph Wilmot: or, The Memoirs of a Man Servant. Part Issue 104 parts, 29 July 1853-4 July 1855 (weekly).
- Robert Smith Surtees. Handley Cross: or, The Spa Hunt. A Sporting Tale. Part Issue 17 parts, March 1853-October 1854 (monthly; irregular).
- William Makepeace Thackeray. The Newcomes: Memoirs of a Most Respectable Family. Part Issue 24 parts, October 1853-August 1855 (monthly).
- Charlotte Mary Yonge. The Daisy Chain. The Monthly Packet July 1853-December 1855 (monthly).