At the Circulating Library Title Information: The Sign of Four
Author and Title: Arthur Conan Doyle. The Sign of Four
First Edition: London: Spencer Blackett, 1890. 1 volume, post 8vo., 3s. 6d.
- Lippincott's Monthly Magazine, February 1890
- Hampshire Telegraph & Sussex Chronicle, 5 July 1890 to 30 August 1890 (weekly)
- The Sheffield Daily Telegraph, 20 September 1890 to 18 October 1890 (weekly)
Summary: Originally titled The Sign of the Four: or, The Problem of the Sholtos during its serial run.
- Broadview Editions (2017)
- Detective Fiction
- Nineteenth-Century Fiction (2019)
- Penguin Classics (2016)
- Sensation Novel
References: BL; EC; Sutherland
- Search for title at The Online Books Page (please note: the search will take you out of At the Circulating Library)