At the Circulating Library Author Information: Annie Webb
Author: Annie Webb (1805–1880)
Alternate Name(s): Molyneux (maiden name); Webb-Peploe (alternate name)
Biography: Annie Webb (later Webb-Peploe) was born in 1805 at Ludlow, the daughter of Captain John Molyneux, R.N. In 1828 she married John Birch Webb (1801–1869), the vicar of Weobly, Herefordshire. The family took the name "Peploe" in 1866. She wrote upwards of twenty five works beginning with Naomi: or, The Last Days of Jerusalem (1841). Most of her fiction is historical with religious themes and was often reprinted. The couple had two sons: one became clergyman and the other served in parliament. Webb died in 1880.
- Naomi: or, The Last Days of Jerusalem. 1 vol. London: Harvey and Darton, 1841.
- A Tale of the Vaudois: Designed for Young Persons. 1 vol. London: Darton and Clark, 1842.
- Julamerk: A Tale of the Nestorians. 3 vol. London: R. Yorke Clarke, 1849.
- The Martyrs of Carthage: A Tale of Times of Old. 2 vol. London: Bentley, 1850.
- The Pilgrims of New England: A Tale of the Early American Settlers. 1 vol. London: Simpkin, 1853.
- The Autobiography of a Five-Pound Note. 1 vol. London: Clarke, Beeton, & Co., 1853.
- Idaline: A Story of the Egyptian Bondage. 1 vol. London: Bentley, 1854.
- Marco Griffi, the Italian Patriot. 1 vol. London: Bentley, 1859.
- Helen Mordaunt: or, The Standard of Life. 1 vol. London: Routledge, 1860.
- Loyal Charlie Bentham. 1 vol. London: James Hogg, 1861.
- Arthur Merton: A Story for the Young. 1 vol. London: Arthur Hall, 1863.
- Ishmael the Yezidee: A Romance of Syrian Life. 1 vol. London: Darton and Hodge, 1865.
- Benaiah: A Tale of the Captivity. 1 vol. London: Jackson, Walford and Hodder, 1865.
- The Stitch in Time: or, Ruthven Moore. 1 vol. London: Frederick Warne, 1866.
- Oliver Wyndham: A Tale of the Great Plague. 1 vol. London: Jackson, Walford and Hodder, 1867.
- Pomponia: or, The Gospel in Caesar's Household. 1 vol. London: R. T. S., 1867.
- The Lovells: A Story of the Danish War. 1 vol. London: Hatchard, 1874.