At the Circulating Library Author Information: William Howitt
Author: William Howitt (1792–1879)
Biography: Writer. Husband of novelist Mary Howitt. See entry in DNB or Sutherland.
References: DNB; Sutherland
- Pantika: or, Traditions of the Most Ancient Times. 2 vol. London: Whittaker, 1835.
- The Life and Adventures of Jack of the Mill, Commonly Called Lord Othmill: A Fire-side Story. 2 vol. London: Longman, 1844.
- The Hall and the Hamlet: or, Scenes and Characters of Country Life. 2 vol. London: Henry Colburn, 1847.
- Madame Dorrington of the Dene. 3 vol. London: Henry Colburn, 1851.
- A Boy's Adventures in the Wilds of Australia: or, Herbert's Note-book. 1 vol. London: Arthur Hall, 1854.
- Tallangetta, the Squatter's Home: A Story of Australian Life. 2 vol. London: Longman, 1857.
- The Man of the People. 3 vol. London: Hurst and Blackett, 1860.
- Woodburn Grange: A Story. 3 vol. London: Charles W. Wood, 1867.