At the Circulating Library Author Information: Geraldine May Butt
Author: Geraldine May Butt (1854–1920)
Alternate Name(s): Robertson Glasgow (married name)
Biography: Geraldine May Butt was born in 1854 in Winchester, Hampshire, the daughter of Lt.-Col. Thomas Bromhead Butt. Her elder sister was the novelist Beatrice May Butt. With her sister, she co-authored the collection Lads and Lasses (1876). She would go on to write a dozen more books, mostly aimed at young or adolescent readers, as well as contribute to The Monthly Packet. In 1878, she married Col. John Campbell Robertson Glasgow in London. The couple had six children. She died in 1920.
References: The Letters of Charlotte Mary Yonge (www.yongeletters.com); Times (25 September 1920)
- Christmas Roses: Tales for Young Persons. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1877.
- A Sprig of Heather. 1 vol. London: Marcus Ward, 1878.
- John Smith and Other Stories. 1 vol. London: Oliphant, 1880.
- A Nice Game: A Tale. 1 vol. London: Ernest Nister, 1895.
- The Christmas Stocking and Other Stories. 1 vol. London: Ernest Nister, 1898.
- Little Jack Hamilton. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Nelson and Sons, 1899.
- True to the Flag. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Nelson and Sons, 1899.