At the Circulating Library Author Information: Alfred Walter Barrett
Author: Alfred Walter Barrett (born 1869)
Alternate Name(s): R. Andom (pseudonym)
Biography: Journalist and writer. To add to the entry in Sutherland, Barrett was tried and convicted of corrupting public morals in 1921 due to his newspaper The Link which allowed correspondents to meet each other (which some used for assignations and trade in pornography). He cannot be traced afterwards.
References: The Literary Year-Book (1911); Sutherland; Times (8-11 June 1921)
- We Three and Troddles: A Tale of London Life. 1 vol. London: Tylston and Edwards, 1894.
- The Fortunes of a Spendthrift and Other Stories. 1 vol. London: Archibald Constable, 1895.
- The Strange Adventures of Roger Wilkins and Other Stories. 1 vol. London: Tylston and Edwards, 1895.
- Martha and I: Being Scenes from our Suburban Life. 1 vol. London: Jarrold and Son, 1898.
- Side Slips: or, Misadventures on a Bicycle. 1 vol. London: C. Arthur Pearson, 1898.
- Troddles and Us and Others. 1 vol. London: Jarrold and Son, 1901.