At the Circulating Library Author Information: Lady Margaret Majendie
Author: Lady Margaret Majendie (1850–1912)
Alternate Name(s): Lindsay (maiden name)
Biography: Lady Margaret Majendie was born in 1850, the second daughter of Alexander Lindsay, the 25th Earl of Crawford. In 1870, she married Lewis Ashhurst Majendie (died 1885) of Castle Hedingham and the couple had three children. A short time after her marriage, she began writing novels with Giannetto (1875) and followed with nine more. In addition, she contributed to a number of periodicals. By 1890, however, she had largely abandoned writing. She died in 1912 at Lockinge House.
References: Burke; Times (29 January 1912)
- Giannetto. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1874.
- Dita. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1877.
- Fascination. 2 vol. London: Bentley, 1880.
- The Turn of the Tide: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1881.
- Out of their Element: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1884.
- Sisters-in-Law. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1885.
- Precautions: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1887.
- On the Scent: A Story. 1 vol. London: Hurst and Blackett, 1887.
- Past Forgiveness. 2 vol. London: Bentley, 1889.