At the Circulating Library Title Information: A Tale of Two Cities
Author and Title: Charles Dickens. A Tale of Two Cities
First Edition: London: Chapman and Hall, 1859. 1 volume, 9s.
- All the Year Round, 30 April 1859 to 26 November 1859 (weekly)
- Part Issue, June 1859 to December 1859 (monthly) (8 parts in 7; price 1s.; illustrated)
Summary: Illustrated by H. K. Browne.
- Character: Alcoholic
- Historical Novel: 18th Century
- Nineteenth-Century Fiction (2019)
- Oxford World's Classics (2017)
- Penguin Classics (2016)
References: BL; EC; NYPL (parts); Sutherland; Vann
- Search for title at The Online Books Page (please note: the search will take you out of At the Circulating Library)