Author: Jane Vaughan Pinkney
Author: Jane Vaughan Pinkney (1827–1856)
Biography: Jane Vaughan Pinkney was born in 1827 in London, the youngest daughter of Francis Pinkney. The family seems to have originated in Wales. By the time she was in her twenties, Pinkney had written a successful novel, Lady Granard's Nieces (1848), and followed it with four more. She lived at Clifton Terrace with her sisters. Unfortuanately, she died young in 1856 before her thirtieth birthday.
References: British Census (1851); Gentleman's Magazine (November 1856); Wolff
- Lady Granard's Nieces: A Novel. 3 vol. London: T. C. Newby, 1848.
- Sir Arthur Bouverie: A Novel. 3 vol. London: T. C. Newby, 1850.
- The Young Doctor: A Novel. 3 vol. London: T. C. Newby, 1851.
- The Wilful Ward: A Novel. 3 vol. London: T. C. Newby, 1853.
- Tacita Tacit: A Novel. 2 vol. London: T. C. Newby, 1860.
How to Cite