At the Circulating Library Author Information: Mrs. Alexander S. Orr
Author: Mrs. Alexander S. Orr (birth and death dates unknown)
Alternate Name(s): Mary Perrin (maiden name)
Biography: Tentatively identified as Mary Orr, daughter of the Rev. Mark Perrin, rector of Athenry and canon of St. Patrick's, Ireland. Her grandfather was the French emigre Jean Baptiste Perrin, hence her interest in French history. In 1845, she married Alexander Smith Orr, the eldest son of Alexander Barrington Orr of Brooklawn, Blackrock, Dublin.
References: Cork Examiner (20 October 1845); D. J. O'Donoghue, The Poets of Ireland (1892)
- Louis Belât: or, The Captives of Lake Laman. A Tale. 1 vol. Bath: Binns and Goodwin, 1867.
- Rougemont: A Sketch from the 18th Century. 1 vol. Dublin: George Herbert, 1868.
- Leah: A Tale of Ancient Palestine. 1 vol. Edinburgh: W. P. Nimmo, 1869.
- Mountain Patriots: A Tale of the Reformation in Savoy. 1 vol. Edinburgh: W. P. Nimmo, 1869.
- The Roseville Family: An Historical Tale of the Eighteenth Century. 1 vol. Edinburgh: W. P. Nimmo, 1869.
- The Twins of Saint-Marcel: A Tale of Paris Incendié. 1 vol. Edinburgh: W. P. Nimmo, 1872.
- The Flower of the Ticino: A Tale of Normandy. 1 vol. Dublin: George Herbert, 1872.
- Punished and Pardoned: or, How Does it End? A Tale of the Nineteenth Century. 3 vol. London: Tinsley Brothers, 1873.
- Uline's Escape: or, Hid with the Nuns. A Tale of the Reformation. 1 vol. London: Partridge, 1877.