Author: Janet Gordon
Author: Janet Gordon (1838–1914)
Alternate Name(s): (pseudonym); Janet Gordon Walker (maiden name); Hardy (married name)
Biography: Janet Gordon Hardy was born in 1838 in Legerwood, Scotland, the eldest daughter of Rev. John Hunter Walker, the minister of Greenlaw, Berwickshire. She married Robert Forrester Hardy, an agent of the Bank of Scotland and the older brother of author Robina Forrester Hardy. The couple had two children. She died in Edinburgh on 18 December 1914.
References: Berwick Advertiser (25 December 1914); British Census (1871, 1881, 1891, 1901)
- The Connells of Castle Connell. 2 vol. London: Macmillan, 1868.
- Jacqueline: A Story of the Reformation in Holland. 1 vol. Edinburgh: W. P. Nimmo, 1872.
- The Castaways' Home: or, The Story of the Sailing and the Sinking of the Good Ship "Rose". 1 vol. Edinburgh: W. P. Nimmo, 1877.
- Up North: or, Lost and Found in Russia and the Arctic Wastes. 1 vol. Edinburgh: W. P. Nimmo, 1878.
- Jacob Jennings, the Colonist: or, The Adventures of a Young Scotchman in South Africa. 1 vol. London: Oliphant, 1884.
How to Cite