Author: Mary Bradford Whiting
Author: Mary Bradford Whiting (1864–1935)
Biography: Mary Bradford Whiting was born in 1864 in Bloomfield, Essex, the daughter of the Rev. John Bradford Whiting. Her father was a noted hymn-writer and she also contributed to the genre. She also wrote numerous religious works, mainly for the S.P.C.K. She never married and died in 1935.
References: John Julian, A Dictionary of Hymnology (1892); Times (11 December 1935)
- Stronger Than Fate. 1 vol. London: S. P. C. K., 1889.
- Denis O'Neil. 2 vol. London: Bentley, 1892.
- Wallaby Hill. 1 vol. London: R. T. S., 1895.
- Unlock the Gate!. 1 vol. London: R. T. S., 1896.
- The Squire of the Parish: A Story for Boys. 1 vol. London: Blackie, 1896.
- Josée: An Australian Story. 1 vol. London: R. T. S., 1900.