Author: F. F. Montresor
Author: F. F. Montresor (1862–1934)
Alternate Name(s): Frances Frederica Montresor (legal name)
Biography: Frances Frederica Montresor was born in 1862 in Kent, the daughter of Admiral Frederick Byng Montresor (1811–1887) and Emily Maria Delafield. She never married and lived with her mother in Kensington. In 1895, she turned to literature writing several novels. She died in 1934 in Sheffield. (Note: Sutherland's entry has erroneous birth and death dates.)
References: British Census (1881, 1891, 1901); Sutherland; Who's Who (1897)
- Into the Highways and Hedges. 1 vol. London: Hutchinson, 1895.
- The One who Looked On. 1 vol. London: Hutchinson, 1895.
- Worth While. 1 vol. London: Edward Arnold, 1896.
- False Coin or True?. 1 vol. London: Hutchinson, 1896.
- At the Cross-Roads. 1 vol. London: Hutchinson, 1897.
- The Alien: A Story of Middle Age. 1 vol. London: Methuen, 1901.