At the Circulating Library Author Information: Frank Challice Constable
Author: Frank Challice Constable (1846–1937)
Alternate Name(s): Colin Clout (pseudonym)
Biography: Frank Challice Constable was born in 1846 in Edmonton. He was called to the bar and worked as a barrister in London. In the 1890s, he began writing novels beginning with the quasi-science fiction The Curse of Intellect (1895) about a monkey given human intelligence. He followed with several more social comedies. He married twice. He died in 1937 in Ascot.
References: British Census (1901); The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction; Wellesley
- Norman: or, Inherited Fate. 1 vol. London: Digby, Long, 1894.
- The Curse of Intellect. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1895.
- Aunt Judith's Island: A Comedy of Kith and Kin. 1 vol. London: Grant Richards, 1898.
- Morgan Hailsham: or, A Curious Month. 1 vol. London: Grant Richards, 1899.
- Marrables' Magnificent Idea. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1901.