Author: Lizzie Alldridge
Author: Lizzie Alldridge (1840–1928)
Biography: Lizzie Alldridge was born in 1840 in London, the daughter of financial agent Richard W. Alldridge. Little is know of her early life, but she did have two brothers. In her thirties, she produced six novels in ten years which all had modest success. In addition, she wrote a popular biography of Florence Nightingale. Thereafter, it appears, she gave up writing. She never married and died "after much suffering, most patiently borne" in 1928 at Crossways, Blackheath, Surrey.
References: British Census (1881, 1891, 1901); Times (3 April 1928)
- By Love and Law: The Story of an Honourable Woman. 3 vol. London: Smith, Elder, 1877.
- Clare: A Narrative in One Volume. 1 vol. London: Marcus Ward, 1878.
- The World She Awoke In: A Narrative. 3 vol. London: Smith, Elder, 1879.
- The Old Abbot's Road. 1 vol. London: James Clarke, 1881.
- The Tower Gardens: A Novel. 3 vol. London: F. V. White, 1882.
- The Queen's House: A Narrative. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1886.