Author: Katherine Douglas King
Author: Katherine Douglas King (1869–1901)
Alternate Name(s): Mrs. Godfrey Burr (married name)
Biography: Katherine Veronica Mary Burr was born in 1869, the daughter of Henry Samuel King and Harriet Eleanor Baillie-Hamilton. She wrote five novels beginning with The Scripture Reader of St. Mark's (1895). In 1900, she married the Rev. Edmund Godfrey Burr, the rector of Chatham. The following year, she gave birth to twin daughters and died the following day from complications. According to her obituary, she donated the money from her novels to an East-end hospital for sick children.
References: Burke; The Literary World (5 April 1901)
- The Scripture Reader of St. Mark's. 1 vol. London: Hutchinson, 1895.
- Father Hilarion. 1 vol. London: Hutchinson, 1897.
- The Child Who Will Never Grow Old. 1 vol. London: John Lane, 1898.
- A Bitter Vintage. 1 vol. London: C. Arthur Pearson, 1899.
- Ursula. 1 vol. London: John Lane, 1900.