Author: Arabella Maud Hopkinson
Author: Arabella Maud Hopkinson (1844–1928)
Biography: Arabella Maud Hopkinson was born in 1844 in London, the daughter of banker Charles Hopkinson and Clara Hopkinson. She never married and in her thirties she turned to fiction beginning with the anonymous In a Minor Key (1878). She followed with several more novels as well as contributions to Cassell's Family Magazine. In later life, she lived in Wokingham where she died in 1928.
References: Jim Bell, Wokingham in the News 1858-1999; British Census (1871, 1881, 1891, 1901)
- In a Minor Key: A Novel. 2 vol. London: Sampson Low, 1878.
- Waiting: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Sampson Low, 1881.
- Pardoned: A Novel. 3 vol. London: John Maxwell, 1884.
- Sweet Christabel: A Novel. 3 vol. London: John Maxwell, 1885.
- Vere Thornleigh's Inheritance: A Novel. 1 vol. London: London Literary Society, 1887.
- Father's Darling: A Story for Children. 1 vol. London: S. P. C. K., 1891.
- Toby's Promise. 1 vol. London: Edward Arnold, 1896.
How to Cite