At the Circulating Library Genre Information: Religious Novels
Description: The following novels feature plots centered on religious questions, notably the Oxford Movement, the Broad Church movement, and agnostism.
- Elizabeth Missing Sewell. Margaret Percival. 2 vol. London: Longman, 1847.
- John Henry Newman. Loss and Gain: The Story of a Convert. 1 vol. London: James Burns, 1848.
- James Anthony Froude. The Nemesis of Faith. 1 vol. London: John Chapman, 1849.
- Mary Augusta Ward. Robert Elsmere. 3 vol. London: Smith, Elder, 1888.
- Joseph Hocking. Jabez Easterbrook: A Religious Novel. 1 vol. London: Ward, Lock, 1890.