History: Published monthly, price 6d. Continues Every Girl's Magazine. Incorporated The Victorian Magazine. Edited by L. T. Meade (1887?1893).
References: Ashley; DNCJ; Nineteenth-Century UK Periodicals: New Readerships; Sutherland
Novels and short stories serialized in Atalanta:
- H. Rider Haggard. "A Tale of Three Lions", October 1887 to December 1887 (monthly).
- Grant Allen. The White Man's Foot, April 1888 to September 1888 (monthly).
- William Edward Norris. Miss Shafto, October 1888 to September 1889 (monthly).
- George MacDonald. A Rough Shaking, October 1889 to September 1890 (monthly).
- Louisa Parr. Dumps and I, February 1890 to September 1890 (monthly).
- Clemence Housman. The Were-wolf, December 1890.
- Katharine Sarah Macquoid. Maisie Derrick, October 1891 to September 1892 (monthly).
- Robert Louis Stevenson. Catriona, December 1892 to September 1893 (monthly).
- Margaret Oliphant. Sir Robert's Fortune, October 1893 to September 1894 (monthly).
- Margaret Wolfe Hungerford. The Three Graces, October 1894 to May 1895 (monthly).
- Agnes Giberne. The Girl at the Dower House and Afterward, October 1895 to March 1896 (monthly).