Author: Isabella Steward
Author: Isabella Steward (died 1867)
Alternate Name(s): Travers (maiden name); Mrs. T. F. Steward (familiar name)
Biography: Isabella Steward was born in 1796 in Cork, the daughter of Robert Travers, from a family known for their military and naval service. In 1827, she married Thomas Fowler Steward of Great Yarmouth. Her literary career encompassed journalism, poetry, and five novels beginning with The Prediction (1832). The latter years of her life were marked by poor health and she died in 1867.
References: Gentleman's Magazine (July 1867)
- The Prediction. 3 vol. London: Saunders and Otley, 1834.
- The Mascarenhas: A Legend of Portuguese India. 3 vol. London: Smith, Elder, 1836.
- The Interdict: A Novel. 3 vol. London: T. and W. Boone, 1840.
- Catherine Erlof: A Novel. 3 vol. London: T. C. Newby, 1851.
- Marguerite's Legacy: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Hurst and Blackett, 1857.