At the Circulating Library Author Information: Ellinor Davenport Adams
Author: Ellinor Davenport Adams (1859–1913)
Biography: Ellinor Davenport Adams was born in 1859 in Putney, the daughter of author William Henry Davenport Adams and his wife Lily. Her brother William was an author and her sister Florence was a journalist. Adams herself began writing fiction for juveniles and adults in her late twenties. Eventually she wrote some three dozen works. She never married and died in 1913.
References: British Census (1891, 1901); DNB (W. H. D. Adams)
- Colonel Russell's Baby. 1 vol. London: Walter Smith, 1889.
- Comrades True. 1 vol. London: Oliphant, 1891.
- Little Miss Conceit. 1 vol. London: Oliphant, 1896.
- The Palace on the Moor. 1 vol. London: Edward Arnold, 1896.
- May, Guy and Jim: With Other Stories. 1 vol. London: Blackie, 1897.
- Miss Secretary Ethel: A Story for Girls of To-day. 1 vol. London: Hurst and Blackett, 1898.
- Miss Mary's Little Maid. 1 vol. London: Blackie, 1899.
- A Girl of To-day. 1 vol. London: Blackie, 1899.
- A Queen among Girls. 1 vol. London: Blackie, 1900.
- Those Twins!. 1 vol. London: Blackie, 1902.
- On Honour: A School and Home Story. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Nelson and Sons, 1902.