Author: Andrew Home
Author: Andrew Home (1864–1952)
Alternate Name(s): (pseudonym); Andrew Jones Halford (legal name)
Biography: Andrew Jones Halford was born in 1864 in Leeds. As a young man he entered accounting eventually rising to run his own successful partnership in Leicester. On the side, he wrote fiction for boys under the pseudonym "Andrew Home." In 1901, he married Helen Burton. The couple had no children. He died on 24 February 1952 in Leicester.
References: British Census (1871, 1881, 1891, 1901); Leicester Mercury (25 February 1952); Probate
- The Way and the Will. 1 vol. London: R. T. S., 1893.
- From Fag to Monitor: or, Fighting to the Front. 1 vol. London: A. and C. Black, 1896.
- Through Thick and Thin: The Story of a School Campaign. 1 vol. Edinburgh: W. & R. Chambers, 1896.
- Exiled from School: or, For the Sake of a Chum. 1 vol. London: A. and C. Black, 1897.
- The Spy in the School: A Tale of Two Chums. 1 vol. Edinburgh: W. & R. Chambers, 1899.
- The Story of a School Conspiracy. 1 vol. Edinburgh: W. & R. Chambers, 1900.
- The Fellow who Won: A Tale of School Life. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Nelson and Sons, 1900.
- Out of Bounds: A Series of School Stories. 1 vol. Edinburgh: W. & R. Chambers, 1901.