Author: Jane M. Kippen
Author: Jane M. Kippen (born 1830)
Alternate Name(s): Jane Murdoch Kippen (full name)
Biography: This author cannot be fully traced. Fl. 1816–93. Jane Murdoch Kippen was born in 1830 in Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland, the daughter of James Kippen and Hannah Sommerville. She wrote seven works of fiction from 1874 to 1893, most aimed at young adult readers.
References: British Census (1861, 1871, 1881, 1891)
- Bessie Brown and Her First Service: A Tale. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Johnstone, Hunter, and Co., 1874.
- Aunt Margaret's Visit: or, The False and the Real. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Johnstone, Hunter, and Co., 1874.
- Some Day or Other: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Samuel Tinsley, 1879.
- Edith Osward: or, Living for Others. 1 vol. London: Partridge, 1881.
- Flora Maclean's Reward: A Tale of the Hebrides. 1 vol. London: Oliphant, 1883.
- Florence Stanley: or, Forgiving Because Much Forgiven. 1 vol. London: Partridge, 1891.
- The Laird's Deed of Settlement: or, The Secret of the Vault. 1 vol. London: Digby, Long, 1893.
How to Cite