Author: Jane M. Kippen
Author: Jane M. Kippen (1816–1899)
Alternate Name(s): Jane Murdoch Kippen (full name)
Biography: Jane Murdoch Kippen was born in 1816 in Greenock, the daughter of merchant and shipowner James Kippen and his wife Hannah (née Sommerville). She wrote seven works of fiction from 1874 to 1893, most aimed at young adult readers. She never married and died on 8 May 1899 at the Bridge of Allan.
References: British Census (1861, 1871, 1881, 1891); Dundee Courier (13 May 1899)
- Bessie Brown and Her First Service: A Tale. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Johnstone, Hunter, and Co., 1874.
- Aunt Margaret's Visit: or, The False and the Real. 1 vol. Edinburgh: Johnstone, Hunter, and Co., 1874.
- Some Day or Other: A Novel. 3 vol. London: Samuel Tinsley, 1879.
- Edith Osward: or, Living for Others. 1 vol. London: Partridge, 1881.
- Flora Maclean's Reward: A Tale of the Hebrides. 1 vol. London: Oliphant, 1883.
- Florence Stanley: or, Forgiving Because Much Forgiven. 1 vol. London: Partridge, 1891.
- The Laird's Deed of Settlement: or, The Secret of the Vault. 1 vol. London: Digby, Long, 1893.