Title Tag: Genre: Gothic Novel
Description: The gothic novel was a popular genre during the Romantic Period (1780–1820) but continued as a lingering influence in the Victorian Period in the domestic realistic novel (e.g., Jane Eyre) and the Sensation Novel (e.g., Uncle Silas).
- G. P. R. James. The Castle of Ehrenstein: Its Lords, Spiritual and Temperal: Its Inhabitants, Earthly and Unearthly. 3 vol. London: Smith, Elder, 1847.
- William John Bellew Archer. Black William's Grave: A Romance of North Wales. 3 vol. London: T. C. Newby, 1849.
- George William MacArth Reynolds. Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf: A Romance. 1 vol. London: John Dicks, 1857.
- J. Sheridan Le Fanu. Guy Deverell. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1865.
- J. Sheridan Le Fanu. In a Glass Darkly. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1872.
How to Cite