Author: Charles Kingsley
Author: Charles Kingsley (1819–1875)
Biography: Church of England clergyman. Brother of authors Henry Kingsley and Charlotte Chanter. Father of novelist Mary St. Leger Harrison. See entry in DNB or Sutherland.
References: DNB; Sutherland; Vann
- Alton Locke, Tailor and Poet: An Autobiography. 2 vol. London: Chapman and Hall, 1850.
- Yeast: A Problem. 1 vol. London: John W. Parker, 1851.
- Hypatia: or, New Foes with an Old Face. 2 vol. London: John W. Parker, 1853.
- Westward Ho!: or, The Voyages and Adventures of Sir Amyas Leigh, Knight, of Burrough, in the County of Devon, in the Reign of Her Most Glorious Majesty Queen Elizabeth. 3 vol. London: Macmillan, 1855.
- Two Years Ago. 3 vol. London: Macmillan, 1857.
- The Water-Babies: A Fairy Tale for a Land Baby. 1 vol. London: Macmillan, 1863.
- Hereward the Wake, "Last of the English". 2 vol. London: Macmillan, 1866.
- Madam How and Lady Why: or, First Lessons in Earth Lore for Children. 1 vol. London: Bell and Daldy, 1869.