Author: Blanche Mary Loftus Tottenham
Author: Blanche Mary Loftus Tottenham (1866–1903)
Alternate Name(s): Sophia Mary Locke (pseudonym); Ram (married name)
Biography: Blanche Mary Loftus Tottenham was born in 1866, the eldest daughter of Arthur Loftus Tottenham (1838–1887), M.P., of Glenfarne Hall, Ireland. Her paternal uncle was the author George Loftus Tottenham (1844–1910). In the 1890s, she began writing fiction beginning with More Kin than Kind (1892). In addition, with Amelia Sophia Coates Young, she co-authored another novel Who Wins--Loses (1893) under the joint-pseudonym "Sophia Mary Locke" (a playful combination of their names). In 1899, she married Arthur Ram. According to her entry in Who's Who, she enjoyed music especially singing and cycling. She died in 1903.
References: Burke; Loeber; Probate; Who's Who (1907)
- More Kin than Kind. 3 vol. London: Hurst and Blackett, 1892.
- Who Wins--Loses. 3 vol. London: Bentley, 1893.
- A Heart's Revenge. 3 vol. London: Hurst and Blackett, 1894.
- The Unwritten Law. 1 vol. London: A. and C. Black, 1895.
- A Venetian Love Story. 1 vol. London: Osgood, McIlvaine, 1896.
- In the Shadow of the Three. 1 vol. London: Hutchinson, 1898.
How to Cite